Bascom Palmer Eye Institute serves as the Department of Ophthalmology for the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine in Miami, Florida. Our mission is to enhance the quality of life by improving sight, preventing blindness, and advancing ophthalmic knowledge through compassionate patient care and innovative research. Our full-time faculty of internationally-respected physicians is skilled in every ophthalmic sub-specialty and is board-certified or board-eligible with fellowship training.
This year marks the 16th time that Bascom Palmer Eye Institute is ranked the #1 eye hospital in the country as published in U.S.News & World Report’s America’s Best Hospitals issue. Ophthalmology Times rated Bascom Palmer the best overall ophthalmology program in the nation with the best eye hospital and the best clinical and residency programs. Additionally, many of our doctors are listed in Best Doctors in America.
Bascom Palmer offers excellent care in all areas of ophthalmic sub-specialties, diagnostic procedures and ancillary care, including:
- Cataracts, Corneal & External Diseases
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- Intraocular Tumors
- Laser Vision Correction / Refractive Surgery
- Macular Degeneration
- Ophthalmic Oncology
- Ophthalmic Plastic, Lacrimal and Orbital Diseases
- Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus
- Retinal and Macular Diseases and Disorders
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
As a UHealth International patient you will have a personal health care coordinator who will take care of every aspect of your treatment. Your UHealth International coordinator will ensure that you and your family have access to UHealth cutting-edge research, state-of-the-art technology, and compassionate care.
A UHealth International coordinator will assist with:
- Coordination of care with all UHealth specialties and hospitals
- Financial clearance for self-pay and insured patients
- Logistic services
- Assistance with visa letters
- Transportation information to, from, and around the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine campus
- Access to hotels contracted with the University of Miami
- Access to rental car discounts
- Multilingual staff
- For a complete listing of discounted rates on local hotels, click here
- For selected discounts on rental cars, click here
At Bascom Palmer, interpreters are available at no cost to assist communication between health care providers and patients whose primary language is not English.
Bascom Palmer also has Video Remote Interpretation (VRI), which is a videotelecommunication service that uses devices such as web cameras or videophones to provide sign language or spoken language interpreting services in place of an interpreter at the location.
Each Bascom Palmer Eye Care Center has VRI devices available for use.
Patient Care Is Our Primary GoalUHealth International
Toll Free in the U.S. 1-877-442-8676
Visit UHealth International to request an appointment.