Our community partnerships:
- Enhance our understanding of the cancer problem in our community through research. We look at cancer and mortality rates associated with the majority of the population, as well as special populations.
- Utilize our knowledge and expertise to work collaboratively with community organizations. Together, we develop programs and policies that make significant impacts in the areas of:
- Early diagnosis and access to treatment
- Healthy lifestyle and cancer risk factors
- Special health initiatives, such as tobacco cessation, HPV vaccine, and cervical cancer and colorectal cancer screenings
- Maintaining an ongoing process for evaluation of these cancer support services and how they impact clinical and public health systems in our community.
We welcome opportunities to hear from members of our community and form partnerships with community organizations. To share your thoughts, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community Advisory Committee
The Community Advisory Committee (CAC) is comprised of 25 diverse members, including patient advocates, civic activists, as well as, representatives from social service organizations, throughout South Florida, including the American Cancer Society, Susan G. Komen, Camillus House, Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, as well as Miami-Dade Schools.
CAC members work closely with Sylvester leadership and select Sylvester members to pursue initiatives that are aligned with Sylvester’s commitment to ensuring that basic, clinical, and population-based research endeavors reflect service area need and promote its goals for community outreach and engagement.