Goals and Purpose
The American Cancer Society Institutional Research Grant Pilot Projects Grant provides funds for meritorious cancer research that cannot be readily supported through other funding mechanisms. The primary purpose of the ACS IRG Pilot Project Grant is to provide seed funds for the initiation of promising new projects or novel ideas by junior faculty members who hold an Assistant Professorship that do not have external grant support.
Description of Award Mechanisms
Four awards for $45,000 are available for a one-year period.
- Only cancer center members may apply.
- Applicants should have less than six years’ experience in both an independent research position and faculty appointment, and must not currently hold any peer-reviewed funding.
- Eligible applicants cannot currently hold peer-reviewed funding.
- Senior faculty and postdoctoral fellows are not eligible to apply.
- Each applicant must have a strong-mentored plan. (Applications without this information will not move forward with the review process).
*For assistance with application, guidelines, or information please contact: