Early satiety occurs when you are unable to eat a full meal, or you feel very full after eating only a small amount of food. Early satiety is usually caused by gastroparesis, a condition in which your stomach is slow to empty. Other causes of early satiety include:
- An obstruction
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Tumor of the abdominal organs
- Ulcers of the stomach (peptic ulcers)
Symptoms of early satiety include:
- A feeling of fullness after eating very little food
- An inability to consume a normal-sized meal
- Nausea and vomiting when you attempt to eat a normal-sized meal
Why Choose UHealth?A broad array of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Regardless of your age, condition, or whether you need long- or short-term digestive treatments, you will receive the most accurate diagnosis and most effective treatment to keep your stomach, digestive system, and organs healthy.
Questions? We're here to help.
Our appointment specialists are ready to help you find what you need. Contact us today.