Welcome to Bascom Palmer's Global Center for Ophthalmic Education
The Global Center for Ophthalmic Education was created as the result of Bascom Palmer’s 60-year commitment to training the next generation of clinicians and researchers. The Global Center is dedicated to advancing ophthalmic knowledge and sharing the latest scientific and clinical findings with the worldwide ophthalmic community through international partnerships, educational courses, events and other programs.
The Global Center encompasses all aspects of ophthalmic education, from in-person, video and online programs for ophthalmologists around the world to medical students right here at home - at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. Our various programs share a common theme – advancing ophthalmic knowledge globally.
The goals of the Global Center:
- To promote excellence in learning and teaching of ophthalmic knowledge
- To stimulate, coordinate and disseminate ophthalmic knowledge with the world-wide ophthalmic community
- To continue Bascom Palmer’s renowned tradition of leadership in ophthalmic education
- To communicate Bascom Palmer’s latest scientific and clinical findings to the ophthalmic community
- To organize international partnerships and collaborate with ophthalmic societies and institutions around the world
- To utilize Bascom Palmer’s unique location to advance research and education throughout the Americas and beyond