Bascom Palmer Eye Institute has been building its clinical and laboratory research program across the multiple disciplines of the biosciences, biomedical engineering, and ophthalmic technologies. In addition, we have developed focused interdisciplinary initiatives within key areas that leverage opportunity for collaboration with various universities as well as with institutes and technology centers nationally and internationally.
Bascom Palmer’s laboratory research comprises investigator-directed laboratories that fall within two interdisciplinary programs – ophthalmic biosciences and ophthalmic technologies.
- Laboratory for Molecular Genetics
- Ocular Oncology Laboratory
- Laboratory for Retinal Degenerations & Vascular Disorders
- Dr. Nasser Ibrahim Al-Rashid Orbital Vision Research Center
- Ophthalmic Biophysics Center
- Artificial Intelligence and Computer Augmented Vision Laboratory
- Miami Integrative Metabolomics Research Center
- Corneal Innovation Laboratory