At Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, part of the University of Miami Health System, our team is highly experienced and trained in treating conditions that affect both your brain (“neuro”) and vision.
Neuro-ophthalmology is an ophthalmic subspecialty that addresses the relationship between the eye and the brain, specifically disorders of the optic nerve (nerve that connects the eye to the brain), orbit (eye socket), and brain.
Our ophthalmologists provide comprehensive clinical care to a broad spectrum of patients with vision problems due to inherited retinal diseases, optic nerve diseases, central nervous system disorders, ocular motility dysfunction (abnormal eye alignment or problems controlling eye movements), and pupillary abnormalities.
Conditions and Treatments
- Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy
- Brain Disorders Involving Vision
- Cerebrovascular Disorders Involving Vision
- Compressive Optic Neuropathy
- Cranial Nerve Palsy and Ocular Motor Dsorders
- Giant Cell Arteritis
- Hemifacial Spasm
- Hereditary Optic Neuropathies
- Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
- Inflammatory and Infectious Optic Neuropathies
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Nutritional and Toxic Optic Neuropathies
- Optic Nerve Diplopia Surgery
- Optic Neuritis
- Paraneoplastic Disorders
- Pediatric Neuro-ophthalmology
- Pupillary Abnormalities
- Tumors Involving Vision
- Visual Electrophysiology
Why Choose Bascom Palmer Eye Institute?
Ranked #1 by U.S. News & World Report. Bascom Palmer Eye Institute is the top-ranked facility in the country for the treatment of diseases and disorders of the eye, according to U.S. News & World Report. When you choose us for your eye care, you will receive the best care in the nation in a compassionate setting.
World-class care in an academic health system. Backed by one of the nation’s top universities, our team uses the latest technologies and research-driven expertise to provide you with superior, personalized care and the best outcomes.