Ways to get involved:
- E-Advisor Program: An E-Advisor is a patient or family member who agrees to be sent e-mails for feedback, suggestions, and opportunities to participate in larger projects related to their experiences at UHealth.
To join the E-Advisor program, please click here.
- Patient and Family Advisory Councils: Patient and Family Advisory Councils are made up of staff and patients or family members who have volunteered to help us by sharing their experiences and suggestions regarding the care they received at UHealth. Councils generally meet monthly.
- Examples of Patient and Family Advisory Councils and Activities (but not limited to):
- Joining a committee made up of patients with similar health issues.
- Joining a committee focused on the care provided at a particular location.
- Sharing your story with staff and faculty to help other patients and caregivers. Contribute to development of organizational projects such as facility design processes.
Want to learn more about patient- and family-centered care (PFCC) at UHealth? Please email PFCCAdvisors@med.miami.edu with any questions.
- Listening and communication skills
- Ability to share lived experiences as appropriate
- Insightfulness and ability to be reflective