We Are Here to Serve YOU!
Patient- and Family-Centered Care is the guiding light at University of Miami Health System. A model of providing care that recognizes and respects the uniqueness of each family and empowers families to collaborate with health care providers. Fundamentally, patient-centeredness is about doing everything with the patient, not for or to. We ask the patient what is important to them.
We strive to provide exceptional and kindhearted service and healthcare throughout the patient journey. Putting patients first involves more than excellent clinical care – it requires addressing every aspect of a patient’s encounter with UHealth, including the patient’s physical comfort, as well as their educational, emotional, and spiritual needs.
How We Support YOU!At UHealth, we want to ensure YOU come first! The Office of Patient Experience is comprised of a team of representatives and specialist ready to serve you. Our purpose is to provide you with answers to all your questions and address any issues a patient and/ or family member has. Please refer to our Compliments, Complaints, and Grievances page for more details on how to contact us.
Our team will assist with request including:
- Addressing and documenting patient and family compliments and concerns.
- This Includes providing documentation and resolution of patient complaints and grievances.
- Answering questions about parking and public transportation.
- Assistance finding your way around the hospital.
- Dining information.
- Notary public services.
- Must be alert and oriented.
- Have valid picture ID.
- Request for spiritual care.
- Provides information about hospital policies, procedures and services.
- Provides hospital verification letters for airlines.