Our cardiovascular experts pioneer and advance the latest diagnostic and surgical procedures. From heart mapping and stroke prevention, to high tech imaging like the transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE), minimally invasive transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR), and our center for the management of advanced heart failure—we’re leading the way, and saving lives.
Discover the difference an academic-based heart center can make for you. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and screening. We look forward to serving you.
Conditions and Treatments
- AFib and other Heart Rhythm Disorders
- Atherosclerosis / Coronary Artery Disease
- Cardiac Problems in Pregnancy
- Heart Attack
- Heart Failure
- Heart Problems Made Worse by Other Conditions
- Heart Valve Problems
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Integrative Medicine (Holistic Heart Health)
- PVD, DVT and Other Vascular Disorders in the Arms and Legs
- Stem Cell Therapy for Stroke Recovery
- Stroke Care
- Women’s Heart Disease
Why Choose UHealth?
Special Centers of Excellence. Combining the best of long-term and up-to-date expertise with leading edge research to personalize care to you individually:
- Center for Advanced Heart Failure
- Center for Heart Disease Prevention
- Atrial Fibrillation Center
- Center for Valvular Heart Disease
- Center for Congenital Heart Disease in Children and Adults
- Center for Stem Cell Research
- Pacemaker and Defibrillator Center
- Center for Diabetes and Heart Disease
- Center for Women’s Heart Disease
When both research and expert clinical practice come together, you know you have the most up-to-date treatment possible for your specific condition, delivered in a setting in which all the different experts needed for comprehensive treatment come together.
Advanced heart failure therapies. Leading edge treatments include ventricular assist devices and heart transplant. For advanced heart disease, options for treatment go beyond what is available in the community to prolong life and give you or your loved one a second chance.
Multidisciplinary care by recognized specialists in their field. In complex cases, heart disease care may require the services of a cardiothoracic surgeon, an interventional cardiologist, a lung specialist, a diabetes specialist and a geneticist. Your doctors talk to each other and make sure all specialties involved in your care are on board with a unified treatment plan.
Personalized recommendations. Whether you have a familial predisposition to high cholesterol or other forms of heart disease, or just want to stay healthy long-term, we keep your goals in mind when developing your screening and treatment schedules.
High-tech imaging expertise. Distinguish between normal and abnormal findings allows us to ensure a proper diagnosis and develop a personalized treatment plan for you.
Cardiac screening and rehabilitation. Besides screening athletes for participation in sport programs, we monitor risk factors and devise recovery programs for cardiac disease or events. If you have experienced a heart attack or undergone heart surgery, we coordinate your cardiac rehabilitation to return you to a safe level of functioning. If you have undetected risk factors, we can identify those and keep an eye on your progress.