Patient- and Family-Centered Care Advisors (PAs) share their lived experiences and suggestions regarding the care they and their families receive at the University of Miami Health System. PAs might participate in tasks that include working with staff members to review and improve processes related to facilities, operations, patient education materials, and communication to and for patients and families. PAs will be volunteers in the Division of Patient- and Family-Centered Care.
- Participate on Committees, Focus Groups, and Ad Hoc projects:
Represent the patient and family perspective.
- Story Sharing:
Using their lived experiences, PAs will share their health care stories to inspire and educate care providers, staff, patients, and family members.
- Review Patient Education Materials:
This includes documents, signage, class materials, and other patient communication materials.
- Promote a better understanding of Patient and Family Centered Care philosophy throughout the health system.
VOLUNTEER TRAINING PROVIDED:
In addition to standard UHealth new volunteer training (including HIPAA), PAs will be oriented to Office of Patient Experience policies and procedures, overview of Patient and Family Centered Care concepts and philosophy, health care terminology, as well as the specific duties and knowledge required for their volunteer responsibilities.
DOES THIS POSITION POSSIBLY INCLUDE CONTACT WITH BLOOD OR BODY FLUIDS?
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., excluding national holidays
- Listening and communication skills
- Ability to share lived experiences as appropriate
- Insightfulness and ability to be reflective