What is Yoga Therapy?
Yoga therapy is a holistic approach that incorporates gentle movement, breath work, and mindfulness techniques to promote healing, well-being and relaxation in a safe and adaptable way. Our sessions are tailored to each individual's physical abilities, energy levels, and emotional state and are designed to improve mobility, flexibility and balance, stimulate the immune response, build strength and reduce treatment related side-effects. In addition to physical benefits, yoga therapy also offers numerous mental and emotional benefits including lowering stress levels, anxiety, and depression commonly experienced by cancer patients.
What to Expect During a Yoga Therapy Session?
We offer complementary group and individual oncology-focused Yoga Therapy sessions to Sylvester patients. Individual sessions are tailored to address the unique needs of the patient. Group sessions include multiple patients during which the yoga therapist typically focuses on a general theme for the group and provide patients with a social support system and may enhance a sense of belonging.
Yoga serves as a great complementary therapy to cancer treatment. Some benefits include:
- Helps reduce symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression.
- Improves mobility, flexibility, balance and strength for cancer patients in a safe and supportive way.
- Reduces symptoms and side effects of cancer treatment such as pain, fatigue, sleep problems, and neuropathy.
- Improves Digestive Health.
- Enhances the brain and body connection, improves focus and awareness.
- Promotes Respiratory and Cardiovascular function.
- Enhances emotional and spiritual well-being, improves mood and self-confidence.
- Promotes relaxation and overall well-being.
Cancer Support Services
Contact us today to learn more or request an appointment.