Volunteering at the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center is a great way to make a tangible difference in the lives of those with cancer and their families. Volunteering at Sylvester is a chance to give back to the community, meet new people, and make a difference in the lives of others. Our greatest need for volunteers is between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. No night or weekend shifts are available at this time.
Volunteering your time and talents to Sylvester will provide you with a sense of accomplishment and personal satisfaction. We offer volunteer opportunities in a variety of capacities, including:
- Patient services
- Pet Therapy
To be a volunteer, you must be:
- At least 18 years of age*
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Complete the volunteer packet
- Pass a security background check
- Complete online training modules
- Attend the volunteer orientation
- Willing to devote a minimum of three or four hours a day, once a week, for at least six months
Summer Teen Program
We offer high school students between the ages of 15 and 18 the opportunity to gain insight of the healthcare field while obtaining valuable job skills.
The teen volunteer program is available each year from June through August. Slots are limited, so submit completed applications early.
Shadowing and Observing Opportunities
For volunteer interest with special events such as community fundraisers, and health fairs, please call 305-243-4918.