- Ask health care professionals the right questions
- Be an active partner in the medical decision-making process
- Be proactive about good health by getting the right cancer screenings
- Make healthy lifestyle choices that can lower cancer risk
Through speakers, health fairs, unique community partnerships and efforts, community members can learn about the resources we provide. Sylvester supports initiatives to help the general public, first responders, the medically underserved, and minority populations.
Request Sylvester OCOE to attend an event
Through our Speaker’s Bureau and health fairs, we offer a series of health education sessions to members of the community. Some of the topics we have offered include:
- Breast cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Clinical trials – What are they?
- Coping with cancer treatment
- Health disparity in cancer research and care
- Lung cancer
- Preventing cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer
- Thyroid cancer
Our physicians, nurses, researchers, cancer survivors, and other experts provide informative and timely presentations for corporations, civic organizations, community groups, schools, churches, and businesses.
In general, speakers require an audience of 20 or more. We welcome suggestions for topics not listed above. If needed, we will work with you to identify topics and speakers to meet your group’s interests and needs.
Request a Speaker
You can request a free speaker on cancer-related topics by calling 305-243-9538.