- Ask health care professionals the right questions
- Be an active partner in the medical decision-making process
- Be proactive about good health by getting the right cancer screenings
- Make healthy lifestyle choices that can lower cancer risk
Sylvester supports initiatives to help the general public, first responders, the medically underserved, and minority populations. Through speakers, health fairs, and community partnerships, community members can learn about the resources we provide.
The Sylvester Office of Outreach and Engagement (SOOE) offers a series of health education sessions to members of the community. Our Community Health Educators provide informative and timely presentations for civic organizations, community groups, schools, churches, and businesses.
Some of the topics include:
- Breast cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Colon cancer
- Clinical trials – What are they?
- Coping with cancer treatment
- Health disparity in cancer research and care
- Lung cancer
- Preventing cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Skin cancer
- Thyroid cancer
For more information or to request a free speaker on cancer-related topics please contact us:
Sylvester Game Changer Vehicle
The Sylvester Game Changer Vehicle hopes to be a game changer in cancer prevention by bringing health education and free screening to local communities experiencing a disproportionate burden of disease.
Visitors of the Game Changer Vehicle can receive the following services for FREE
- Education about cancer and cancer prevention/early detection
- Screening for common cancers and other illnesses that increase the risk of developing cancer
- HIV testing (associated with multiple cancer including cervical cancer, blood cancer, and rare skin cancers)
- Counseling/referrals to other local resources and cancer prevention opportunities