Integrative Health Services will provide a book cart stocked with books, magazines, and puzzles for recreational purposes during the patient’s inpatient stay.
- Visit inpatient rooms with book cart and offer reading materials (books a& magazine) and word puzzles to patients
- Label and catalog all donated and purchased books
- Place book covers on books
- Collect books from floors once patients have completed use
VOLUNTEER TRAINING PROVIDED:
In addition to standard UHealth new volunteer training, volunteers will receive orientation to floors where volunteers will visit; overview of book tracking system; review of Infection Control precautions.
Must be able to walk without limitation; must be able to push a cart weighing up to 50 pounds.
DOES THIS POSITION POSSIBLY INCLUDE CONTACT WITH BLOOD OR BODY FLUIDS?
Volunteers will be asked to commit to one three-hour shift a week, between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Excellent interpersonal and strong written/verbal communication skills
- Detail orientated
- Demonstrate compassion for patient needs
- Ability to navigate hospital independently
- Ability to follow directions and work independently
- Data collection and analysis
- Adaptability and flexibility
Questions? We're here to help.
Request more information or learn how to apply for this UHealth volunteer role.