Autoimmune diseases cause your immune system to attack your own tissues. One such area that can be affected is the skin.
Some of the more common autoimmune skin diseases include:
- Scleroderma: condition that affects all your body’s connective tissue
- Psoriasis: condition that causes red, scaly patches of skin
- Dermatomyositis: condition that causes muscle weakness, soreness, and stiffness
- Epidermolysis bullosa: condition that causes fluid-filled skin blisters to develop
- Bullous pemphigoid: condition that causes blisters to develop on the skin
Why Choose UHealth?
World-class leaders in skin care treatment. University of Miami Health System is recognized throughout South Florida and the world as a leader in caring for conditions and disorders of the skin. Backed by one of the nation’s top universities, our team uses the latest technologies and research-driven expertise to provide superior, personalized treatments for dermatologic conditions.