Neuropsychology identifies difficulties with cognition and behavior caused by a condition or injury affecting the brain. Cognitive problems involve attention, memory, and problem-solving. Behavioral issues are related to emotions and personality.
We perform in-depth neuropsychological evaluations and plan treatments, therapies, and support for you, and your family. Neuropsychological tests may include:
- Attention and concentration
- Executive functioning
- Intellectual functioning
- Language processing
- Visuospatial functioning
- Visual and verbal learning and memory
- Personality and emotional development
- Processing speed
- Sensory-perceptual functions
If you have problems controlling emotions, staying focused, or thinking clearly due to known or surgical brain injury or disease, the University of Miami Health System can help.
Who is a Candidate?
We see patients with a variety of brain conditions, including:
What to Expect
Depending on your needs, a clinical neuropsychologist will conduct interviews with you and your family and perform several tests, usually in one visit.
After the neuropsychological evaluation, we plan the best treatments for your condition. Therapies may include:
- Cognitive rehabilitation and therapy to help you and your family cope with changes in brain function
- Vocational and educational planning to help you function better at work or school
- Therapies to improve cognition and reduce emotional stress
- Patient and family education about your condition and healthy living
Why Choose UHealth?
Coordinated neuropsychology care near you. We take care of everything, such as scheduling convenient appointments and bringing in the right care providers at the right time — with a variety of inpatient (hospital stay) and outpatient (clinic) rehabilitation services at locations close to home. This means you can relax and focus on getting better, faster.
Questions? We're here to help.
Our appointment specialists are ready to help you find what you need. Contact us today.