In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) refers to the creation of embryos in a laboratory setting by placing sperm and eggs in a culture dish. The field of In-Vitro Fertilization (IVF) has made dramatic advances in the past several years, and we are pleased to provide our patients with the most innovative technology available.
IVF is a process which involves several steps:
- Preparation: This stage involves diagnostic tests to assess your basic ovarian function, to rule out certain medical conditions and sexually transmitted disease, and to ensure that the uterine cavity is normal.
- Stimulating the ovaries with fertility medications: There are several protocols to achieve ovarian stimulation; our doctor will choose the one that best suits your needs. During active stimulation, you will visit our office every 2-3 days depending on your response. These are very short visits that will not last more than 15 minutes.
- Egg retrieval: This is when the eggs are harvested from your ovaries and is an ultrasound guided procedure which is performed under anesthesia.
- Egg culture and fertilization: After harvesting your eggs, they will be fertilized by joining them with sperm, or by performing Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI). Following fertilization, the embryo will remain in the incubator and will be observed on regular basis to follow their progress.
- Embryo Transfer: This can occur on Day 3 or Day 5 depending on several factors; your doctor will discuss with you options and potential for the best outcome. After the transfer occurs, extra good quality embryos may be frozen and stored in liquid nitrogen for future pregnancy attempts.
In-Vitro Fertilization Services
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI)
Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is a procedure used in cases of male infertility or unexplained infertility. A single sperm cell is isolated and injected into a mature egg on the day of retrieval using microsurgical instruments. The eggs are checked the following day for evidence of normal fertilization, followed by embryo transfer. This procedure has been safely used for more than 20 years, and has proven effective in overcoming some of the barriers to fertilization.
Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening (PGS)
Pre-Implantation Genetic Screening (PGS) is a procedure performed on embryo from couples with known genetic or chromosomal disorders.
- Non-Stimulated IVF (Natural IVF)
- Controlled Ovarian Stimulation
- Elective Single Embryo Transfer (ESET)
- Frozen Embryo Transfer
- Assisted Hatching
- Embryo Freezing
Why Choose UHealth?
A comprehensive approach to fertility. Our closely-knit team of experienced professionals – including female and male fertility specialists, acupuncturists, and physicians with special expertise in polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), thyroid disorders, endometriosis, and hormonal imbalances – work together to ensure the health of you and your baby.
High pregnancy rates. We have some of the highest pregnancy rates in not only South Florida, but in the entire United States. Our success stories include even the most challenging cases.
Academic medical center expertise. Faculty members at the Miller School of Medicine, a nationally recognized institution, currently conduct nearly 2,000 research projects in science and clinical care in a variety of fields. Our emphasis on research and innovation ensures you receive the most sophisticated diagnostic tests and advanced fertility treatments available.
Affordable fertility care. We offer cost-effective treatments and make the process as affordable as possible with our competitive pricing, view our financing options. Our center prides itself on integrity and we are dedicated to providing a transparent process. Your treatment options are clearly outlined and presented to you at the time of consultation. We provide financial consultations and will show you how our plans differ from what other centers in our area offer. We are committed to making sure you know what to expect upfront. We offer financing through Lending Club Patient Solutions. In addition, we do not bundle price for our in-vitro fertilization (IVF) cycles, which means if you get pregnant within one cycle, you will only be charged for that one cycle. If pregnancy does not occur in the first cycle, we provide discounts for second and third IVF cycles.