Neurological disorders are conditions that affect the nervous system — including the brain, spinal cord, and the nerves that connect them.
There are a wide variety of neurological disorders, including:
- Acute spinal cord injury (sudden injuries)
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Ataxia (loss of muscle control in your arms and legs)
- Bell’s palsy (facial muscle weakness or paralysis)
- Brain tumors
- Cerebral aneurysm
- Epilepsy and seizures
- Guillain-Barre syndrome (an immune system disease that affects your arms and legs)
- Head injury
- Herniated disc or lumbar disc disease
- Meningitis (swelling of the membranes that surround your brain)
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Muscular dystrophy (an inherited disorder that causes muscle breakdown)
- Neurocutaneous syndromes (diseases that can cause brain, spinal cord, organ, skin, and bone tumors)
- Parkinson’s disease
- Decreased alertness
- Difficulty reading and writing
- Muscle weakness
- Partial or complete loss of sensation (feeling)
- Partial or complete paralysis (inability to move your body)
- Poor cognitive (thinking) abilities
- Unexplained pain
Why Choose UHealth?
World-class care in an academic health center. As a research and teaching institution, we treat children and adults with proven, leading-edge procedures based on clinical studies performed at the Miller School of Medicine. Our doctors, residents, nurses, and therapists work together to improve health care.
Relief and comfort for chronic pain conditions. Due to our renowned expertise, we receive referrals for patients from all over the world. Our doctors are dedicated to providing best practice pain management services and a customized treatment plan to each patient through the most comprehensive pain interventions offered in South Florida.