Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. Individuals aged 15 years or older can volunteer their time to help Sylvester’s patients, faculty and staff at Sylvester in Miami, Coral Springs, Deerfield Beach, Hollywood, Kendall, Plantation and soon in Coral Gables. Individuals may volunteer a minimum of four hours a day, twice a week for at least six consecutive months. Exceptions exist for students, who may volunteer for a minimum of 40 hours per year. Volunteers may begin any time of the year. Our greatest need are between the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Evening and weekend shifts are also available.
To apply for a volunteer position with Sylvester, all applicants must:
- Be at least 15 years old (Volunteers under the age of 18 must obtain a signed consent by a parent or guardian) and be a citizen of the U.S. or a permanent resident
- Complete the volunteer packet
- Pass a security background check
- Pass online training modules
- Complete the volunteer orientation
Benefits of Volunteering at Sylvester:
Volunteering your time and talents to Sylvester will provide you with a sense of accomplishment and personal satisfaction. Sylvester will provide you with unique opportunities to utilize and improve your talents and skills. For your time and energy, we also offer:
- Free valet parking
- Exposure to the health care field
- A chance to learn new skills and meet new people
- Letters of referral after reaching 40 hours
- Presidential Service Awards after reaching 100 hours
For more information, please contact volunteer services at 305-243-5966.