Abdominal pain is pain that occurs between your chest and your pelvis. The sensation you feel may be crampy, achy, dull, intermittent, or sharp. There are many organs in this area of your body that can potentially cause pain, including your:
- Appendix (part of the large intestine)
- Intestines (small and large)
If any of these organs become diseased, swollen, or infected with a virus or bacteria, you will likely experience pain.
Other common causes of abdominal pain are:
- Crohn’s disease
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Lactose intolerance
- Menstruation or complications of the reproductive system (in women)
Why Choose UHealth?
A broad array of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Regardless of your age, condition, or whether you need long- or short-term digestive treatments, you will receive the most accurate diagnosis and most effective treatment to keep your stomach, digestive system, and organs healthy.