The adult and pediatric primary care professionals at UHealth focus on the “whole” person – not just your urgent health-related concerns. Our world-class team — composed of Physicians, Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Medical Assistants, Nutritionists, Social Workers, Administrative Support and Financial Counselors — will provide you with needed guidance and expertise to allow you and your family to become closely engaged in your own health care decisions.
UHealth’s adult and pediatric primary care physicians provide integrated, accessible health care services, and are responsible for addressing a large majority of personal health care needs, developing a sustained relationship with patients, and practicing in the context of “family and community.”
Our primary care physicians are the “entry point” into UHealth’s network of more than 1,200 physicians. Our primary care providers will partner with you and your family in:
- Providing preventive care and coaching on healthy lifestyle choices
- Identifying and treating common, episodic and complex chronic medical conditions
- Assessing the urgency of your medical problems and, if required, directing you to the appropriate medical specialist for care
- Providing health screenings, immunizations, nutritional assessments and education
- Providing physical and back-to-school exams and immunizations
- Delivering comprehensive women’s health services
By developing a relationship with a UHealth PCP, your “health care team” can more easily detect patterns in your health, and recommend lifestyle changes to prevent future complications requiring expensive specialty care.