The University of Miami Health System Pharmacy team is a nationally recognized leader in patient care and pharmacy services. As the pharmacy landscape changes towards more specialty medications, University of Miami Health System is evolving to meet the needs of its customers. By launching the UHealth Specialty Pharmacy, patients with chronic and complex diseases can now be serviced by our team. University of Miami Health System is responding to both the patients’ needs and the changing times to offer a truly unique service, upholding the University of Miami Health System reputation of providing outstanding care.
The University of Miami Health System advantage is in the integrated care approach we provide as part of the same institution. Our pharmacists have access to the patients’ complete medical records, allowing them to function as a part of the clinical team and truly provide contiguous care. When choosing the UHealth Specialty Pharmacy, you can be assured our care team is working with both you and your patients to achieve the best possible outcomes from their therapy.
- Helping manage medication side effects
- Reminding patients when it’s time for a refill
- Confirming the dosage and medication schedule
- Educating patients on how and when to take their medication
- Providing drug administration training
- Making sure patients receive their medication
- Assessing therapy adherence and effectiveness on a routine basis
- Monitoring appropriate lab work
- Addressing treatment concerns
- Ensuring prompt clinical intervention when necessary
- Effectively communicating with prescribers
- Offering 24/7 pharmacist support
The Specialty Pharmacy care team clinical offices are located within the UHealth Medley offices, 3rd floor.
Our service has been set up to reduce as much burden as possible on your staff. Simply e-prescribe or fax the script to the UHealth Specialty Pharmacy and notify the Specialty Pharmacy care team via phone or email—then we will do the rest. The medication access coordinators will manage the paperwork and communicate with the payers and patients, thus alleviating the workload from your staff.
The organization has made a significant investment in people and processes to ensure the new UHealth Specialty Pharmacy offering meets the highest standards in the industry.
- Created a team of experts
- Clinical pharmacists specially trained in the diseases states we are servicing
- Clinical support specialists will contact patients regarding deliveries and refills
- Medication access coordinators skilled in authorization processes and financial assistance support
University of Miami Health System will directly communicate with those individuals who have insurance that the UHealth Specialty Pharmacy can service. If we are unable to dispense the medication, we will contact the prescriber immediately. Should there be questions, send the prescription to the UHealth Specialty Pharmacy, notify the Specialty Pharmacy care team, and we will manage the situation for you. As we add payor contracts, we will be educating your offices on our growth.
Which disease states are you focusing on?
- Asthma & Allergy
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Autoimmune Disorders
- Crohn’s Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Endocrine Disorders
- Enzyme Deficiencies
- Growth Hormone Deficiencies
- Irritable Bowel Disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Solid organ Transplant
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension (PAH)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ulcerative Colitis