At the University of Miami, we are committed to preserving the privacy and confidentiality of our patients and other sensitive information. Our goal is to uphold the trust and confidence that our patients place in us to deliver quality health care.
The UHealth Privacy Office serves as the first point of contact for all issues related to HIPAA privacy and security standards at the University of Miami. The functions of the Office include:
- Maintaining high standards for the privacy and security of our patients’ health information
- Promoting a culture of privacy and confidentiality within the University
- Monitoring the privacy and security of health information throughout the University
- Receiving and responding to questions from our patients and workforce concerning the use and disclosure of health information
- Facilitating patients rights related to their health information
- Supporting the University’s efforts for HIPAA compliance as well as other laws/regulations regarding data privacy and security
- Leading Data Breach response and notification efforts
- Advocate and support University efforts regarding protection of personally identifiable information (PII)
- Liaise with Information Technology and Security regarding data privacy and security issues
If you have any questions or concerns about data privacy, including health information privacy and security at the University, please contact our office.