You have a vision for the family you want. We’re here to help you succeed.
At the UHealth Center for Reproductive Medicine, we have more than two decades of experience helping couples begin or expand their families. As part of the nationally recognized Miller School of Medicine, we offer the most sophisticated testing and the latest fertility treatments available – approaches you can only find at an academic medical center. You will work with an experienced, compassionate team that specializes in advanced fertility testing and treatments.
Your goals, your dreams, and your challenges become our mission to help you build your family. We use the most advanced testing to find the reasons for fertility problems so we can make individualized treatment plans to address them. We make sure you understand what to expect during your journey (testing, visits, procedures, etc.) and we strive it to make it as comfortable and worry-free as possible.
Once we receive and review the test results, we explain all your options, including what they cost, and what you can expect during any needed procedures. We give you all the information you need to make an informed choice. Together, we can decide on a treatment plan that is right for you – and give you the best possible chance for having a baby.
Affordable fertility care. We offer cost-effective treatments and make the process as accessible as possible. We make sure you understand all your options and have the information you need to make informed decisions.
Diagnosis and Testing
We do a comprehensive evaluation to learn about your health, lifestyle, and sexual history and habits of you and your partner You can expect an open, honest discussion with experts who put you at ease. We are experienced at making couples feel comfortable.
We use blood tests to measure hormones, imaging tests to look at reproductive organs, or semen analysis to look at sperm (count, motility, progression, and morphology). We aim to understand what is preventing you from having a baby so we can tailor the best treatment plan for you. We do not believe in “cookie-cutter” treatments.
Treatments for Fertility
We draw from the latest fertility approaches to design your treatment plan, including:
- In-vitro fertilization (IVF). We use medicine to stimulate a woman’s ovaries to produce eggs, which are then harvested and fertilized with sperm in the lab. The resulting embryo(s) are then placed in the uterus.
- Fertility preservation. We can freeze and store (cryopreservation) eggs, embryos (fertilized eggs), and sperm to let you have a child when the timing is right for you – whether you need to postpone pregnancy for medical reasons or for personal choices.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI). This procedure is one of the tools available in the IVF laboratory to inject a single sperm directly into an egg. ICSI is often used when there are male fertility problems, or when previous conventional IVF fertilization attempts have been unsuccessful, or when the treatment involve the use of frozen eggs.
- Pre-implantation genetic testing (PGT). This testing analyzes few cells removed from an embryo to detect either genetic disorders (in this case is called PGT-M) such as cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy, thalassemia, etc; or to detect wrong number of chromosomes (in this case is called PGT-A); or to help with family planning (by determining the sex of the embryos).
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI). This procedure involves the placement of motile sperm in your uterus so to increase the odds of pregnancy. This approach is most often used with cases of unexplained infertility, mild male factor infertility, and when it is necessary to use donor sperm.
- Frozen embryo transfer (FET). This advanced IVF technique allows you to save embryo(s) to be used in a future IVF cycle. For example, FET is performed after completing genetic testing (PGT) of the embryos or when there are surplus embryos remaining after fresh embryo transfers that can be used at later time without the need to undergo another cycle of IVF.
Why Choose UHealth?
A comprehensive approach to fertility. Our closely-knit team of experienced professionals – including female and male fertility specialists, acupuncturists, and physicians with special expertise in polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), thyroid disorders, endometriosis, and hormonal imbalances – work together to ensure the health of you and your baby.
High pregnancy rates. We have some of the highest pregnancy rates in not only South Florida, but in the entire United States. Our success stories include even the most challenging cases.
Academic medical center expertise. Faculty members at the Miller School of Medicine, a nationally recognized institution, currently conduct nearly 2,000 research projects in science and clinical care in a variety of fields. Our emphasis on research and innovation ensures you receive the most sophisticated diagnostic tests and advanced fertility treatments available.
Questions? We're here to help.
Our appointment specialists are ready to help you find what you need. Contact us today.