Home care provides you with personalized attention and a variety of health care services in the comfort of your own home. The home care team at University of Miami Health System works closely with your doctor and other health care providers to give you the personalized attention you need.
Your home care team is assembled based on you and your family’s needs, working together to deliver compassionate care. This expert group can include doctors, nurses, pharmacists, respiratory therapists, rehabilitation therapists, dietitians, social workers, home health aides, and other specialists. We help you learn how to manage your condition and remain safely in your own home.
Whether you’re recovering from an accident or surgery, managing a chronic condition, or facing a life-limiting illness, you can depend on our highly trained, experienced team.
We offer a full range of home care services, including:
- Care coordination assistance from medical social workers
- End-of-life support and services from hospice specialists
- Hands-on medical care from specially trained nurses
- Pain and symptom control from palliative care experts
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapies
- Pharmacy services and medication management
- Nutritional support, including intravenous feeding and hydration
- Respiratory therapy for conditions, such as COPD and sleep apnea
- Wound care services
Why Choose UHealth?
Complete care from a team of professionals. You get expert care from a team that’s backed by the knowledge, experience, and resources of a leading academic medical center. You can count on specially trained home care professionals who make your health, safety, and well-being a priority.
Focus on successful aging. You benefit from the latest advancements discovered at our Center on Aging, which is dedicated to improving quality of life for older adults. You have access to innovative programs and advancements that enhance your health and well-being. You work with a team that’s focused on helping you live as independently as possible.