Why should you refer your patient to the University of Miami Health System?
People from all over the world visit UHealth for expert care.
UHealth delivers leading-edge patient care by the region’s best doctors, powered by the groundbreaking research of the Miller School of Medicine. As home to South Florida’s only academic medical center, more than 1,200 specialty-trained physicians and scientists focus on providing care across more than 100 specialties. Our providers work in multidisciplinary teams to deliver advanced care that tailored to each patient.
A focus on collaboration
UHealth has built thousands of beneficial relationships with physicians and institutions throughout the world for the collective improvement of and access to quality health care. Our physicians respect and wish to support the work you do with your patients. Our team will provide you with ongoing communication, medical records, and summary reports. This will allow a seamless transition when your patient returns home to continue their care with you.
In addition, we provide international physicians and medical school students with many educational opportunities. As a result of the pandemic, some of those opportunities are now available online and at no cost including the newly launched UHealth International Medical Series. Watch presentations from some of the most distinguished experts from UHealth, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. Also, the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine’s International Medicine Institute provides superior educational and training programs for top physicians and medical students from around the world.
Exclusively for international referrals and international patients
Our multilingual and multicultural coordinators will help your patient before, during, and after their hospital or doctor's visit.
- Coordination of care across multiple health specialties
- Access to MyUHealthChart, an electronic medical record that allows for communication with physicians, appointment scheduling, and prescription refills while in South Florida
- Assistance with medical visa letters
- Language services
- International transportation arrangement
- Hotel accommodations
- Financial services for self-pay and insured patients
- Patient’s name, address, telephone number, email address and date of birth
- If the international patient is an established UHealth patient, the Medical Registration Number (MRN)
- Type of insurance or financial arrangement: Self pay or insured (international insurance, travel insurance, and medical assistance companies)
- Diagnosis, health condition, symptoms, etc.
- Specialty and/or services being requested
- Name, care specialty, and contact information of referring physician
Please keep in mind that non-urgent appointments are scheduled days to weeks in advance. If your patient has an urgent health care or surgical need, please tell our UHealth International coordinators so that scheduling can be prioritized appropriately.
We are grateful that you chose to refer your patient to us and will work to ensure your continued trust.
UHealth International Medical Series
Our popular, free clinical and surgical webinars for physicians are presented by expert UHealth, Bascom Palmer Eye Institute and Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center physicians and you are invited to join us. Gain valuable insights on topics ranging from cardiac advances to technological innovations in ophthalmology. Previously recorded sessions are below.