Employees at Sylvester can join any of the open employee resource groups supported by the University of Miami. These groups include:
- Disability Network Alliance: Works to support employees with disabilities and make the University more accessible.
- LGBTQ Faculty Staff Network: Aims to strengthen the culture of belonging for individuals who might feel marginalized because of sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
- Ubuntu: Fosters a culture of belonging and inclusion at the University of Miami for those interested in African and Caribbean culture.
- Veterans Unite: Works to enhance the professional experience of all those who have served our country.
- Women’s Commission: Builds awareness of women’s needs and interests and develops educational resources about issues confronting women.
- Women in Academic Medicine: Supports career development, clinical and research excellence, and representation in leadership at the Miller School of Medicine.
- Woodson-Williams-Marshall Association: Provides a space for Black faculty and staff to engage and address issues relevant to the University’s Black community.
- Young Professionals Network: Connects young professionals with peers across the University while building relationships with experienced professionals.