Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center organizes and sponsors opportunities for CME throughout the year. These events are open to staff and community health professionals. Recent offerings include:
- Miami Leukemia Symposium: November 2017, with 22 speakers from the University of Miami and throughout the U.S.
- The Treatment of Lung Cancer: Use of AJCC Staging Guidelines Using Prognostic Indicators and Evidence-based Treatment Planning: November 15, 2017, by Gilberto Lopes, M.D., and Marie Charles, M.S.N., N.P.-C
- 2018 FACTOR Osteosarcoma Research Conference: January 2018, with 34 speakers from institutions throughout the U.S.
We offer a variety of education opportunities to the community:
- The Office of Community Outreach and Engagement: Offers an array of programs to patients, families, caregivers, and community members. These programs educate the public about cancer-related topics such as lowering your risk, screening, and treatment. We recognize our obligation to serve and educate the public, and ensure that new discoveries and knowledge are disseminated at the community level. Our goal is to teach people about cancer, while also guiding and supporting them as they put what they learn to use.
- Patient services: Cancer and its treatment can affect all aspects of a patient’s life. That’s why Sylvester offers supportive oncology services to ensure patients and their loved ones receive comprehensive, multispecialty care that addresses their physical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs during and after cancer treatment.
Faculty and Staff
Kerry L. Burnstein, Ph.D.
Professor of Molecular and Cellular Pharmacology
Associate Director for Education and Training
Ralf Landgraf, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Director of the Sheila and David Fuente Graduate Program in Cancer Biology
Antunez de Mayolo, M.D.
SCCC Assistant Director of Continuing Medical Education
Contact the Office of Education and Training
Office of Education and Training, Locator code: D79, Dominion Tower
1400 NW 10th Ave., Suite 412
Miami, FL 33136-1000
Janine Domlesky, M.P.A.
Manager, Office of Education and Training
Sarah Sandiford, M.S.
Sr. Program Coordinator for the Sheila and David Fuente Graduate Program in Cancer Biology
Sherldene Burke, B.A.
Program Coordinator for Special Educational Events
Diane Dames, B.S.
Sr. Grant Administrator for the Training Grants Program
Other Education Contacts