Initiate an Autopsy Request by calling Pathology Customer Care at 305-243-7284.
Two forms will be sent and must be completed to request an Autopsy
- Autopsy Consent Form
- University of Miami/Jackson Memorial Hospital request for Autopsy Service
- Autopsies for a deceased person of 250lbs and above will incur additional charges.
- In the case of a stillborn, the placenta is required for examination.
- The completion time for autopsies is approximately 4 to 8 weeks for uncomplicated cases.
- A detailed copy of the medical records on the deceased from the Facility/PCP must be submitted prior to the autopsy
- The requesting party is responsible for transportation of body to and from the Jackson Memorial Hospital Morgue (Room B040J). This process needs to be coordinated through a Funeral Home and the Jackson Morgue Staff (305-585-8599). Any additional charges for transportation are between the requesting party and the Funeral Home.