Hello and welcome to our new and returning members! Please note the following:
- Locker rooms and showers are open (see Know Before You Go for information on amenities)
- Towel service has resumed
- More equipment is now available
- Group exercise classes are back (limited schedule, limited capacity, and reservations are required)
Facility reservations and masks are required for entry. Equipment is spaced out and some machines will not be available for use to assist with social distancing.
Payroll deductions and monthly billing (i.e. recurring credit card payments) have resumed as of June 1, 2021.
During the hours of 7 am – 5 pm, please enter through the CRC (Clinical Research Center) entrance (the building next to the garage) where you will be screened and given a fresh mask if necessary. Then take the CRC elevator to the 9th floor. Before 7 am and after 5 pm you may use the garage elevator where you will be screened upon exiting on the 12th floor.
- Monday – Friday: 6 AM – 9 PM (last entry at 8:15 PM)
- Saturday: 8 AM – 5 PM (last entry 4:00 PM)
- We are closed Sundays
- Equipment has been spaced out to encourage physical distancing. This includes the removal or closure of some machines. If your favorite equipment is unavailable please talk to a staff member about how you can find a suitable replacement.
- Facial coverings will be required at all times.
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizing stations will be readily available throughout the facility.
- Staff will be cleaning frequently while we are open, and we will CLOSE AS NEEDED for additional cleaning and disinfecting.
- Registration shields have been placed at all customer service areas.
- Transactions/payments will be credit card only. In addition, if you have an invoice pending you will be able to pay online.
- Group exercise classes and other programs will be offered online each week, with the gradual reintroduction of limited capacity in-person classes beginning in mid-May.
Request a copy of our HVAC Assessment Chart for information on facility air quality
Reservations are required. Learn how to make a reservation here.
- We suggest bringing these items from home: Refillable water bottle – water fountains are closed but you will be able to fill your own water bottle at the bottle filling stations.
- Facial covering/mask – face shields, neck gaiters or buffs, masks with valves, and masks that are open at the bottom (i.e. bandanas) do not qualify.
- Workout towel – disinfecting wipes will be available for cleaning the equipment.
- Personal use items such as mats.
- We recommend you bring an EXTRA mask as cotton masks are less effective when wet.
- Locker rooms and showers will reopen in mid-May. Cubbies for your belongings are also available on the fitness floor.
- Guests are not permitted in the facility at this time.
- We are not able to provide the following amenities:
- Steam Room
- Please bring your badge or proxy card to the front desk to be checked in for your reservation. Turnstiles will not be in operation.
- Please wipe down equipment before and after use.
- Please wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer frequently.
- Please keep your facial covering or mask on at all times.
- Please maintain 6 feet distance from other members.
- Please NO socializing, cell phone usage, or loitering.
- Please complete your workout in a timely manner. Some machines may have time limits.
- Please keep equipment (i.e. benches) in areas designated by floor markings.
- Please have a great workout!
We apologize for any inconvenience these new guidelines may cause. They have been developed by Miami-Dade and the University using best practices and standards as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Florida Department of Health (DOH) to protect the health and safety of all members, staff and the community. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.