Distinguished Collaboration Series
The Distinguished Collaboration Series (DCS) is a new lecture format from a team of distinguished internal speakers. The lectures focus on different aspects of the same scientific/clinical problem and explores the interrelationships between basic cancer research and clinical medicine.Read more about the Distinguished Collaboration Series »
Distinguished Lecture Series
Sylvester’s Distinguished Guest Lecture Series provides a forum for outstanding clinical and translational researcher guest lecturers to interact and ultimately collaborate with Sylvester faculty. The focus of the series is to bring basic science and clinical researchers together to discuss recent advances in the understanding and treatment of human cancer – a realization of the “bench to bedside” ideal. The audience is typically a mix of clinicians, clinical researchers, basic scientists, and physician scientists.
For UM faculty, staff and students who would like to view the video of these lectures, please click on the ones with (*) next to the name of the presenter. You can also visit our Distinguished Lecture Series channel on Office 365 Stream by searching for DLS (login required).Read more about the Distinguished Lecture Series »
Zubrod Memorial Lecture
The Annual Zubrod Memorial Lecture is held to honor Charles Gordon Zubrod, M.D., a devoted physician-scientist, extraordinary leader and a valued colleague who set high standards in order to create a center of excellence at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center.
For more information contact the Sylvester Office of Education & Training at 305-243-2287.Read more about the Zubrod Memorial Lecture »
Eckhard Podack Memorial Symposium
The Podack Memorial Symposium honors an extraordinary individual who was Professor and Chair, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center. Eckhard Podack, MD, PhD made several seminal discoveries in the fields of immunology and cancer. A number of external and internal speakers who were influenced by Dr. Podack spoke at the day-long symposium. Graduate students and post-doctoral fellows were invited to lunch in small groups with the external speakers to discuss mutual research interests.Read more about the Eckhard Podack Memorial Symposium »
Junior Faculty Lecture Series
This lecture series showcases the exceptional work being done by Sylvester junior faculty members and provides a unique opportunity for informal critique and scientific discussion amongst junior and senior faculty members. Several productive collaborations have resulted from these lectures.Learn more about this and other Faculty Development Program initiatives »
Miami Epigenetics & Cancer Symposium
The last Miami Epigenetics & Cancer Symposium was held in November 2018 and brought together world-renowned scientists to discuss the latest discoveries in genomic and epigenetic approaches in order to understand the molecular underpinning of cancer development and progression. The symposium covered a wide range of topics in cancer epigenetics including the deregulation of epigenetic enzymes and chromatin modifications in cancer, as well as the role of noncoding RNAs in the regulation of gene expression. The symposium also provided a venue for research scientists and physicians to discuss the latest scientific breakthroughs in epigenetic-focused therapy by highlighting novel epigenetic drugs that are currently in clinical trials.
Stay tuned for information on the next symposium which will take place in 2020.
For more information contact Program Administrator, Franklin Bouret, at 305-243-4583.
Global Oncology and International Programs videos
ASCO Review – 2017 University of Miami
- Updates on Head & Neck Cancers – Dr. Ikpeazu
- Updates on GU Cancers – Dr. Merchan
- GI Tumor Update – Dr. Pimentel (in Spanish)
- Lung Cancer Update – Dr. Mudad
- Lymphoma/Hem Malignancies Update – Dr. Alencar
- Update on Breast Cancer – Dr. Mahtani
- Update on Melanoma – Dr. Feun
- Update on Sarcoma – Dr. Wilky
- Expert Opinions in Prostate Cancer Brazil 2017 – Dr. Lopes
ASCO 2017 Highlights
- Sarcoma Update - Dr. Trent (ASCO)
- GU Highlights - Dr. Merchan
- Melanoma Highlights - Dr. Acquavella
- Gynecology Updates - Dr. Slomovitz
- Heme Malignancies and Ongoing Research at Sylvester – Dr. Nimer (ASCO)
ASH 2017 Highlights
- Lymphoma Review - Dr. Alencar (ASH 2017)
- ASH 2017 Highlights - Dr. Nimer (ASH 2017)
- ESMO 2017 Presidential
- Presidential Symposium on Lung Cancer, ESMO 2017 – Dr. Jahanzeb
- Webinar with Dr. Lopes, Dr. Mudad, and Dr. Villamizar on updates in lung cancer: (this one even includes a video recording of a surgery!)
- International Tumor Board on sarcoma - Dr. Trent and Dr. Wilky and Instituto Oncologico Heriberto Pieter in the Dominican Republic plus Hospital de Clinicas Porto Alegre in Brazil
- Closing the Cancer Divide: Lessons from Women’s Health – Dr Felicia Knaul