The Patient and Family Advisory Council serves as a voice for Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center patients and their family members and caregivers. The Council is dedicated to strengthening collaboration between patients and the healthcare team to enhance Sylvester’s ability to deliver the highest standard of safe, comprehensive, and compassionate healthcare.
Our mission is to provide a forum and a safe space for patients, family members, and caregivers to engage and share feedback and ideas to improve the patient experience at Sylvester.
Successful Council members are:
- Able to articulate ideas clearly and ask questions
- Able to see beyond personal experiences
- Attend a monthly meeting at either the Miami or Plantation location
- Listen well and respect the opinions of others
- Work with Sylvester staff on new and ongoing performance improvement projects
Patients and their families and caregivers can either join to attend monthly meetings as a Council member or participate on a project as an Advisor. We currently hold monthly meetings at two sites, Miami and Plantation.
For more information, please contact:
Jessica MacIntyre (Miami)
Dayamis Veliz (Plantation)