Patient Stories FAQs
- Focus on your unique journey or a specific experience to include your thoughts and feelings.
- Avoid writing about customer service. Contact Us instead if you have issues requiring immediate attention. You can also call us at 305-243-HELP (4357) or email us at HeretoHelp@med.miami.edu.
- Do not include any personally identifiable information, such as full names.
Photo and Video Tips
- Include a complimentary photo of yourself to accompany your testimonial.
- Do not attach any photos that require a copyright if you do not hold that copyright.
- Images must be at least 500 pixels in width.
- You can record video on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- A link is available in the testimonial form that will allow you to upload the video.
- Choose a quiet location with limited to no background noise.
- Avoid spaces with a significant echo like a large, empty room. Smaller, furnished rooms are best for improved sound quality.
- Opt for seating without wheels so you remain on camera.
Setting Up Your Phone / Camera
- Place your computer, phone, or camera on a steady surface and/or tripod.
- Shoot horizontally to mirror a television screen.
- Position camera at or just above eye level so that you are looking directly into the camera.
- Choose a neutral background without reflective items or clutter.
- Record during daytime hours for improved lighting.
- Face a window and/or other light source. Move away from overhead lights.
- Place additional lighting in front of you such as a lamp or a ring light that can attach to a computer or mobile device.
- Look into the camera lens at least offering periodic glances for genuine engagement.
- Limit the use of your hands. Instead move your shoulders and head in a controlled manner for added energy and emotional understanding.
- Take a deep breath and relax. It’s your story that you’re sharing.
- Use positive facial expressions to show your feelings. You could inspire another patient.