How to Package and Ship Pathology Slides and Blocks
Ensure that your patient’s samples are received in the best condition by following these simple steps:
- Place slides in a hard plastic box shaped slide container and tape the lid of the container. Do not use the flat cardboard style slide containers.Wrap the slide box in bubble wrap.
- If sending a paraffin block, place the block inside a plastic specimen bag. To prevent melting during transit, a small refrigerant gel pack can be used. Use bubble wrap.
- Include all materials and the completed Pathology Consultation Form in a padded envelope. Place the padded envelope into a padded express shipper (FedEx, UPS, DHL) envelope.
- Recommended shipping services
- FedEx Priority Overnight
- UPS Ship Next Day Air
- DHL Ship Express
- Do not use U.S. Mail service
Pathology Customer Care
1400 NW 12 Avenue
East Building Suite 4088
Miami, Florida 33136
For questions, please call Pathology Customer Care at 305-243-7284.