Fluorescence flow cytometry analysis and Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorting
The FCSR provides sophisticated analytical and preparative flow cytometers, to facilitate a wide range of experiments in the biology of both normal and cancer cells. The facility provides simultaneous analysis of up to 19 different fluorescent parameters and two light-scatter parameters (forward and side scatter), for both cell surface and cytoplasmic antigens, in complex cell mixtures. The facility enables a wide variety of experimental analyses, including:
- 19 parameter fluorescence parameter immuno-phenotyping.
- Complex 64+ fluorescence parameter spectral analysis.
- 17 fluorescence parameter cell sorting and single-cell flow cloning
- High speed (10,000 – 30,000+ cells per second) and efficiency (95%+ purity) cell sorting
- Assessment of apoptosis
- Molecular cytogenetics
- Cell function studies
- Micro-biological applications
- Multiplexed and micro-particle-based analysis
Mass cytometry analysis and imaging
- Fluidigm Helios plasma mass cytometer. Cells are labeled with antibodies conjugated to heavy metal markers, vaporized in a plasma and detected with time-of-flight mass spectrometry.
- Fluidigm Hyperion solid tissue imager. The Hyperion provides simultaneous imaging of labeled solid tissue sections, for mass cytometry analysis.
- Metal conjugation kits. The FCSR has a bank of metal reagent kits (for custom antibody conjugation), available for purchase at favorable rates compared to those available commercially. The bank has 35 unique labeling metals, for users to create custom reagents and panels. Please contact the FCSR for further information and pricing.
Robotic automated cell transfer
- A.L.S. CellCelector automated cell transfer robot. For automated transfer of single cells and colonies from culture plates, without pre-treatment. Integral bio-safety cabinet for BSL-2 cultures.