The BBSR recommends the following lead times for requesting statistical or bioinformatics support:
- Grant proposals: single project (4 – 6 weeks), multiple project such as P01, SPORE, Team Science (12 weeks)
- Clinical trial protocols: minimum 8-12 weeks (highly variable)
- Other protocols: minimum 6 weeks
- Letter of Intent: 2 – 3 weeks
- Biostatistical and bioinformatics analysis : 4-8 weeks (highly variable even with a complete, numerically coded electronic database)
- Database consultation: 4 weeks
Allow additional time and resources for data preparation, in consultation with BBSR, if necessary.
BBSR can provide consultation regarding database structure as part of study planning. However, investigators must make their own arrangements for data collection and entry.