Fluorescence flow cytometry analysis and Fluorescence-Activated Cell Sorting
The FCSR provides access to sophisticated flow cytometric analyzers and cell sorters to facilitate a wide range of experiments in the biology of both normal and cancer cells. The cell analyzers can provide simultaneous analysis of up to 40 different fluorescent parameters with up to three light-scatter parameters for the identification and classification of both cell surface and intracellular antigens. The cell sorters can provide simultaneous analysis of up to 17 fluorescent parameters with two light-scatter parameters and can sort up to 4 pure populations simultaneously. The facility enables a wide variety of experiment analysis including:
- Complex 40+ fluorescent parameter spectral analysis.
- Up to 28 fluorescent parameter conventional flow cytometry analysis.
- Up to 17 fluorescent parameter cell sorting for isolation of pure populations.
- High speed (10,000 – 30,000 cells per second) and efficiency (95%+ purity) cell sorting capabilities for single-cell cloning, RNA/DNA extractions, protein purification, etc.
- Flow Cytometry applications include immunophenotyping, assessment of apoptosis, molecular cytogenetics, cell function studies, microbiological applications, multiplexed and microparticle-based analysis (bead-based ELISA).
Mass cytometry analysis and imaging
- Fluidigm Helios plasma mass cytometer. Cells are labeled with antibodies conjugated to heavy metal markers, vaporized in a plasma and detected with time-of-flight mass spectrometry.
- Fluidigm Hyperion solid tissue imager. The Hyperion provides simultaneous imaging of labeled solid tissue sections, for mass cytometry analysis.
- Metal conjugation service/kits. The FCSR provides a custom metal-conjugation service and also maintains a bank of metal conjugation kits available for purchase at cost. The bank has 35 unique labeling metals, which the FCSR can utilize to create custom reagents for users or for the users to use on their own. Please contact the FCSR for additional information and pricing.
Data Analysis training and services
- The FCSR provides data analysis services and training on multiple data analysis platforms on a fee-for-service basis. Contact the FCSR for additional information and pricing.